Hair loss, being widely prevalent, occurs in about 7 in 10 people to some degree. Anyone who is going through this harrowing experience is looking for ways to combat hair loss.
Mesotherapy for hair is a very potent treatment for hair loss and has been in use across the world for quite some time now. The treatment involves infusing the scalp with microinjections containing the nutrients necessary for hair growth.
Table of Contents
- How Does Mesotherapy for Hair Loss work?
- How is it done?
- How much does mesotherapy for hair cost?
- Precautions to take before and after the treatment
1. How does mesotherapy for hair loss work?
- Mesotherapy is a hair restoration treatment that works by enabling the hair follicles to stay active by supplying them the nourishment needed by them.
- It is a medical procedure that is performed by duly qualified medical professionals
- Potent ingredients that have been identified to play an integral part in hair growth are supplied to the scalp, which in turn enhance hair growth.
- Mesotherapy promotes the rejuvenation of the scalp by replenishing the lost nutrition
- Sometimes, due to various reasons, the body may not absorb the essential nutrients from the food we eat. In such situations, mesotherapy helps in the direct delivery of substances that are required for hair growth.
- When the scalp receives the right nutrient, the hair follicles stay active and the rate of hair growth improves.
- The procedure is done with a high level of targeted precision and the effective mode of nutrient delivery provides great results as expected.
- Each hair follicle is an extension of your skin that is responsible for the growth of new hair.
- A hair follicle is the point of attachment of a new hair strand and has an oil gland that produces an oily substance known as sebum that keeps the scalp well moisturized.
- Hair growth occurs through a process where the hair follicle grows initially, becomes well developed, and then it differentiates before it is ready to grow hair. The substances responsible for these are many- including the Keratinocyte Growth factor (KGF).
- Mesotherapy for hair loss treatment improves the activity of the keratinocyte growth factor thereby promoting and maintaining hair growth
- Another important requirement for hair growth is an adequate blood supply. The technique used in mesotherapy induces the development of new blood vessels as well as increases the blood supply from the existing ones. When the blood supply improves, the growth of hair also improves.
- Hair loss can be a result of infection or inflammation. Common conditions include psoriasis, dandruff, folliculitis etc. When either of these occurs, the conducive environment for hair growth is compromised.
- Mesotherapy helps to combat these changes and retract the scalp condition back to a healthy state that ensures optimum hair growth
- Inflammatory conditions of the scalp are well treated by mesotherapy. When the inflammatory condition improves, hair growth is restored.
- The scalp is a very sensitive area and requires a certain kind of ecosystem to thrive well and function to its best capacity. The build-up of grime, dirt, and oil can leave a lot of debris. This excessive toxicity of the scalp can impede its function.
- Mesotherapy for hair aids in the exfoliation of the scalp which in turn improves its function and aids in healthy hair growth.
2. How is it done?
The process starts with an initial consultation with the dermatologist to determine if you are the right person for the treatment. This includes:
- Taking a detailed medical history to assess the general health condition.
- Running certain blood tests to determine if your parameters are within the normal permissible limits for getting the treatment
- Trichoanalysis - This is done to take a look at the hair and scalp in extremely high magnification. Doing this gives the dermatologist a good idea about:
- Condition of the scalp
- Possible cause of hair loss
- The presence of any infection or inflammation
- Presence of build up in the scalp
- Hair density
- Hair count
- The phase of hair growth
- Hair type
- Microscopic dandruff
After determining that mesotherapy is right for you, the actual procedure begins.
The process involves injecting a solution rich in nutrients into the scalp targeted at the mesoderm layer of the skin. The substances used in mesotherapy are usually specific to the cause of hair loss as identified during the trichoanalysis.
The formulation is usually a combination of amino acids, vitamins, hormones, enzymes, and plant extracts that are beneficial for hair growth. A wide variety of compounds include minoxidil, finasteride, buflomedil, dutasteride, biotin, silicium, and D - pantothenic acid.
Prior to the treatment, an anesthetic gel may be applied to the treatment area to ease any pain and discomfort. The injections are administered by a well-qualified board-certified dermatologist. Sometimes multiple shots may be required, and a mechanical gun attached to the needle is used for better delivery.
The injections are given in 1 to 4 mm depths depending upon the need of the individual. The needle is placed at a certain angle on the scalp and a quick micro shot is given. About a drop of the solution is delivered per shot.
3. How much does it cost for mesotherapy in India?
Mesotherapy for hair cost in India is usually per session. On average, each treatment session costs between Rs 1200 to Rs 4500. The mesotherapy for hair cost in India varies and depends upon:
- The area of involvement
- The extent of hair loss
- The dosage required
- Cost of active ingredients used
- The number of sessions required
- The location of the clinic
- The expertise of the dermatologist performing the procedure
Each treatment cycle may require about six to ten sessions and the cost will be calculated accordingly.
Mesotherapy for hair at the right price is available with Citrine clinic by Dr Niti Gaur.
Recovery and maintenance
Following treatment, there may be a slight irritation that goes away in a day or two. Maintaining the results of mesotherapy depends upon how well you follow the post-care instructions given by your doctor.
4. Precautions to be taken before and after treatment
Following pre and post instructions makes the treatment more beneficial and last longer.
Before the session:
- Keep your hair clean
- Schedule a consultation to discuss your health and your doctor will assess your eligibility for the procedure
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Eat wisely by making the right choices
- Wash your hair only according to your doctor’s instructions
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun and dust
- Do not massage the scalp vigorously until the treated area has healed
- Stay away from using hair color
- Avoid the use of alcohol as it may impede healing
- Stay away from strenuous exercise for a few days following treatment
- Consume a healthy diet rich in nutrients necessary for healing and strengthening hair
What is mesotherapy for hair?
Mesotherapy is a non-surgical treatment alternative to surgical hair restoration. It is a treatment that involves supplying the scalp with the necessary nutrients for promoting hair growth and combating hair loss.
Is mesotherapy safe?
Yes, it is a safe treatment procedure. The substances used in the treatment are very bio-friendly and have been tested before. They are mostly non-allergenic and when performed by the right surgeon, they offer great results.
What are the benefits of mesotherapy?
- Accelerates hair growth
- Controls hair fall and decreases the negative influence of substances that cause hair thinning such as DHT
- Painless and an effective alternative to surgical hair restoration
- Promotes dense growth and makes the hair voluminous as it grows back
- Helps to treat impending infections and inflammations of the scalp
- The hair boosters injected into the scalp have a snowballing effect and with time, the results are great.
- The solution injected through microneedling has DHT blockers along with hair boosters and growth enhancers
- Mesotherapy induces more hair to enter the growth phase of the hair cycle.
- Exfoliates the scalp that improves the absorption of nutrients better
- Improves the blood circulation in the hair follicles
Will I experience any side effects after treatment?
You may experience slight changes such as :
- Mild irritation
These are only temporary and go away within a couple of days.
How many mesotherapy sessions are needed for hair?
The number of sessions will depend upon
- The extent of the area involved
- Hair density during the time of analysis
- Any other conditions such as scalp infections
- The phase of the hair cycle during the time of treatment
Who cannot undergo mesotherapy treatment?
Mesotherapy may not be suited for some and hence you need to discuss with a board-certified Dermatologist in Gurgaon about your suitability for the same. If you have any of the following conditions, then mesotherapy may not be right for you.
- Bleeding disorders
- Active infections
- Autoimmune disorders
- Heart conditions
micro-needling or mesotherapy, also known as bio rejuvenation is a great alternative to surgical hair loss treatments. It delivers the nutrients directly to the scalp through the mesoderm.
It offers multiple benefits to the hair and skin and the procedure has both chemical and mechanical benefits. The hair boosters used in mesotherapy block the action of hair loss.
Call us to schedule a consultation and experience great results with your hair.